Change is needed
Food waste is the third largest cause of global warming and a third of all food produced globally is thrown away. That's a baffling 1.3bn tonnes of food and developed countries are the most to blame.
Our industry has a responsibility to do more for the planet.
Our Recipe for Change outlines our commitments in three areas: Health + Wellbeing, Environmental Game Changers, Better for the World.
Health + Wellbeing
- Safety isn't a tick box exercise. We take it seriously
- We help our teams live a healthy lifestyle and make sure they're well-fed at work
- We have our own Wellness Ambassadors at our venues who aim to promote health and wellbeing within the workforce
- Our C&E menus follow our Mindful Meetings guide, making sure you get the best nutrients for your meeting or event. Check out more below
Environmental Game Changers
- Our culinary team is working to reduce our food waste to under 1% by the end of 2024
- Our menus use a minimum of 80% British seasonal fruit and vegetables. From 2022, we introduced an air freight ban on fruit and vegetables that come outside of the UK. If it comes on a plane, we won't use it.
- We're reducing our use of red meat (UK-sourced beef, pork, and lamb) by 50% by the end of 2022.
- 25% of our menus are plant-based, vegan, or vegetarian
- We're introducing Klimato, a carbon labelling tool, to inform our customers and help them make more sustainable choices
- Through our reduce, re-use, and review policy we minimise single-use plastic use and reduce waste
- We have in place a targeted removal of all single-use plastics from venues
Better for the World
- High welfare British poultry and pork is our standard
- Free range eggs are standard across our business
- We will increase female chefs in our business by 10% year on year and support Women in Food initiatives
- We work with local communities, suppliers, charities, and employers to promote business around our venues
- We work towards all relevant accreditations including Red Tractor and Food for Brain
- We bring our teams fantastic development opportunities and will have 30 apprentices in our business by the end of 2022